Saturday, August 13, 2011

Things to look forward to this year...

My kitchen is a no-bake zone this weekend, I'm working at the resturant tonight then I have 30mins to race to the otherside of Perth to work at the bar, then working again on sunday at the bar ( thank goodness I avoided the sunday lunch shift at the resturant!). Hence I do not have nadda to blog about...But the things I'm looking forward to this year (or what is left of it!).

1. In 6wks or less I will be flying home to the hubby & furry child

2. Halloween - for all you Americans, I'm sure it's nothing new cos it's a big deal there, but over here it's not widely celebrated. Hence when I walk to work every Halloween in costume I get the ooh look at the weirdo goth vampire Asian or the likes!

3. November...erm why November you might ask - well the Marine Corps Ball duh!! I've only been to one ball ever and that was 5yrs ago - senior year...sigh...gosh I'm OLD!!! lol I'm going all out unconventional and wearing a Saree (traditional Indian dress), It really does show in all the right places without being too much!

4. A white Christmas. As everyone knows Christmas is in December regardless of the season, being in the southern hemisphere it's summer - the season to be jolly around a BBQ pit whilst drinking beer and prancing around in a bikini. "throw another shrimp on the barbie" - Not this year thank you! It's about the snowmen, beanies and nog (minus the egg) this year!

5. Snowboarding - which has been in hiatus in the storage compartment under the bed for the past year!

6. Not sure where this fits in but ordering Alpaca yarn online from Catnips Yarns, natural undyed yarns at bulk prices!

No comments:

Post a Comment