Friday, August 12, 2011

Kasutera - honey sponge cake.

My terrible cutting -_-'
          Mmm mmm...Kasutera, it should be called honey cloud cake! it's so moist, light and really brings out the flavour of the Marri honey I used. The recipe uses a lot sugar, which I might cut down on next time I make it. It makes enough for a 25cm square cake which I cut into 3, I found it really easy to cut using a long serrated bread knife.
       
              I read that kasutera is not a good sponge for shortcake/sandwich cake but it must be some sort of myth cos I found it so easy to work with and cut. Simply turn the cut on its side and cut it in half, I spread lil cream on each half then piped 3 rows of koshian paste in the middle of the bottom half with a row of cream on either side place the top half on and coat cake with remaining cream. Pipe some decorations, put on a nice plate and voila!
It really is the perfect tea time cake, with a nice hot cup of bitter black or green tea.

*Tips for next time I will beat the egg mixture a lil longer and tap the pan a bit harder next to pop the bigger air bubbles - there aren't many but there definately were a few in my cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment