Friday, August 19, 2011

Purrrty nails DIY

This was my matching hand. Love themed.
This one is dedicated to my hubby! A.F







        

         

           Everytime I go get a mani, I see these cute lil designs on fake nails - teeny lil cherries, tropical sunsets, animal prints and the likes. So pretty and delicate, surely you can't do it yourself right? WRONG!! Jackie always has pretty nails but hers are acrylic and I hate acrylic nails - they're nice til they grow off then a pain to get off. Leaving the only other option - painting, which is simple til you have to do your other hand! Now I'm fine with the painting part but when it comes to the the detail my hand gets the wobbles - resting my left hand on my knee really helps stablise and so do easy designs. There are a zillion tutorials online on youtube but Cutepolish is by far my favourite her designs are so quick and easy to do, I even managed to paint my right hand with to trouble! I love how you can use everyday items like art acrylic paint, toothpicks, newspaper etc. to create simple but totally adorable looks! I am totally addicted! Today I painted both my mum and lil sisters nails and redid mine even though I only just water marbled them last night!
Marbled (Hot Pink, Orange & shimmery
orange that looks gold)
This look is easy but really messy!!

Cherries on my sisters nails on shimmery white (my
 mum had the same design but on an matte white background)











Mine - Lots of shimmery pink roses on a pale blue background. This design like the cherries is by Cutepolish, but I added my own touch with a couple of rose buds (dots) It reminds me of a cute lil rosey china tea cup!

I'm not sure what's next...maybe a hello kitty french manicure or this...


Pikachu nails!! they are totally KAWAII!

No comments:

Post a Comment