Monday, August 22, 2011

Nail art and anime.

2nd Attempt...much better!
         I seems strange to say but my new hobby has me inspired to be artsy, so I pulled out my craft box...What started as a hunt on autobot/decepticon faces for nail decals has ended with me reinventing the autobots by sketching G1 animated transformers faces on to the new version of the cartoon characters bodies. Sounds kinda weird but it is easy to do and looks ton better than the new cartoon - which is a sad reinvention of the classic characters.

Onigiri & sushi mani
Anyways...back to the nails. The pikachu heads were easy enough to paint but the lil details like placement of eyes and mouths were harder not to mention my black & white nail polishes with sticky and dried way too fast so today I redid them with my new yellow polish (suprisngly good cheap nail polish!) Ultra 3 in Honolulu, and my old acrylic paint (black & white), I used revlon in cherries in the snow for the cheeks. Top coat is NYC colour in non chip (NYC colour is the same as Ultra 3).

First attempt...only the ring one is cute!
I drew this for Ant...Ratchet the autobot medic.

No comments:

Post a Comment