Friday, September 3, 2010

When life gives you lemons make lemonade!


           Well that's what I did today anyway, my nephew has been bugging me to make lemonade with the ton of lemons we picked off our tree this spring. So today I finally did, I juiced 4 cups worth of lemons and heated it up with 3 cups of sugar/low cal sweetener (no reason - just so I felt healthier lol!) and the 1/4 cup worth of leftover lime juice cordial that was sitting there and voile - we had our homemade lemonade concentrate. Just add 1 part concentrate to 3 parts chilled water or soda water, stir and enjoy! Delicious!
And for a grown up twist bruise a couple of mint leaves at pop them in when you serve it up.

            You can add as little or as much sugar as you want it's just a matter of taste preference of how sweet you like it, I like my lemonade not too sweet but not too tart either so to me this was perfect. However the key ratio is 1 cup lemon juice to 1 cup sugar/sweetener. Next time I'll try with tangerines - I saw a recipe in a Jamie Oliver book and vowed to try it but haven't yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment