Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Bout time innit!

Wet blocking - folded in half to ensure symmetry
I finished my last lace project weeks ago - the spring time bandit, a gorgeous shawl featuring leaves that get bigger at the edges. But instead of blocking it, I cast it to the side in a heap and went off to eagerly start a new project, so there it sat in the corner til this morning. I'm wet blocking it - saturate, roll off excess water in a towel, spread and pin, really excited!! Can't wait til take some proper photos to show off it's beauty. :) My current project - Socks for dad is going well, almost finished one side (foot and toe to go) and should be done for tonight. I've been scouting ravelry knitters lastest projects for ideas for my next project, maybe a envelope slip for my laptop, not quite sure yet! I also still want to make a pair of socks for myself with the superwash wool sock yarn (It's self stripping shades of purple) I bought the other day too. Keeping watching this space...more pics to come soon!
trying to smooth out the centre crease :)

No comments:

Post a Comment