Friday, September 3, 2010

Finished!! :D

My Aran Cable bag.

Finally finished my Aran Cables knitted bag, heres the run down...

Main body: Moda Vera Alpaca/ virgin wool blend on 6.00mm needles
Lining: Bella baby 4ply (Acrylic/nylon) in Blossom on 3.25mm needles
Handles: Bag Lady Bangle bag handles
And a pretty purple satin bow to top it all off!

I did everything to measurements 15'' high (inc. handles), 14'' wide and 9.5'' deep.

Before - Blocking the body.



The lining took awhile to do because I chose to use such small needles, although I the result was second to none, even has a little pocket for lippy and phone! I also made it slightly smaller than the outside because it has a bit of stretch and I didn't want it to distort the shape of the outside.

Overall very pleased with my new bag!

2 comments:

  1. Vanessa!! You've really outdid yourself!! I love that tight nit look! You told me earlier that you were a perfectionist, well it definitely paid off!! Are you going to make more? You making a pocket for the phone was a must, I hate when my phone's ringing and I can't find it, good job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was quite a time consuming project but I plan on making a smaller clutch version in white alpaca/wool blend, although the wooden handles I might have to fashion from wood strips from the hardware shop! lol or use bamboo knitting needles that relatively cheap...not sure yet!

    ReplyDelete