Friday, September 10, 2010

A summers day in the garden.

My "Jelly Roll"
Not literally but that's what my dress invisions in a colourful patchwork mini dress, now I bet you're thinking OMG TACKY!! But erm no...
My inspiration - bought this dress at Surfers couple of years back and still loving it!

My design.
Colour scheme.
The first thing I did was make a paper pattern with my favourite pink mini dress (my inspiration) as a template then ironed the material flat before pinning and arranging the pattern on the cloth and cutting out my pieces. Silly me forgot to buy matching thread so I can't start sewing til I get it.
In the meantime I started designing my patchwork, I already have a couple of ideas for the patchwork detail on the yoke but I think I'm going with the bottom left one. Still got to put together the back though.

A square.

Yoke Variations.

1 comment:

  1. Nessa, I really like the pink on as well, the designs on the front of the dress is real pretty!
    Always, Kim

    ReplyDelete