Saturday, October 13, 2012

So...where are we at?

I would love to say that life has been just an easy ride since I last posted but it hasn't been, not that it's a bad thing but definitely the right word to use would be EVENTFUL. So we finally got my visa stuff sorted out and I am proud to say that I am now a conditional permanent resident of the United States.
With that out of the way my parents, sister and nephew came down (or should I say up) to visit us from Australia and we road tripped from LA to Las Vegas for 2 nights which was just a load of fun (we saw cirque du soliel and it was not on Tv for once!), from there we drove up to Weiser ID where my parents finally met Ant's side of the family. We finally got to have a "wedding" with family and friends (well Ant's side anyway) and my dad got to walk me down the isle in a pretty white dress - the whole shebang - it was awesome (not quite my dream wedding but nice).
That's not the biggest news of 2012 yet though, it was just before my parents came down but this happened:
+ve Test #2 6th June 2012
Of cos it didn't feel "real" then and we needed more convincing in the form of a proper pee test at the ob/gyn clinic, confirmation came 1 week after the test and we were excited and nervous as any first time parent would be.
We first saw our baby for the first time on the 23rd of July, it was the most emotional and awe inspiring moment you will ever feel. Ant and I were in love at first sight.
week 10 day 6

So is baby Funk a girl or boy? In all honesty I partially favoured a girl because we were having the hardest time agreeing on a boy's name, while we hit middle ground on a girl's name so quickly. Ant however has always wanted a little girl. 
What did everyone else in the family think? Boy they mostly said boy.
Or at least they hoped - not hard enough I think! 
Baby GIRL Funk
She is perfect to me already, it's hard to think they start of so small and grow so quickly.
hi mum & dad! week 19
We are estimated to be due Feb 12th and boy have we come a long way

7w1d
21w5d






2 comments:

  1. I love that little owl off to the side! So fun! I'm a fan of crafty at home stuff so I'll be reading this a lot! Please post more!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lisa, I have some more knitted baby stuff to blog about and soon more holiday baking too!

    ReplyDelete