Friday, December 9, 2011

Christmas mistletoe manicure and Muffins!

First off I have repainted my nails :) A simple french manicure embellished but glitter and nail art on the thumb and ring fingers ( a simple lil mistletoe).


Secondly the topic of muffins! Simple delectable moist morsels that can either be sweet or savoury. Who doesn't like muffins? When I briefly worked in a bakery/cafe it was our fastest to sell out, big muffins just look so appetizing with their chunky fruits and delicious aroma! But I only have a standard sized muffin pan and I suppose that will have to do! Most people love the quick and easy box method of muffin mix but why not make your own? It's too easy and anyone can do it once you have a good no fail basic muffin mix.
I am a serial googler and this is the recipe I found, I decreased the amount of sugar from 3/4 to 1/2 cup but obviously it depends on your preference and filling. My hubby loves blueberry and banana but today I decided to make bacon & cheese which are 2 of his favourite things!

*I didn't have bacon so I used imitation bacon bits that we had stashed but rarely use.


This makes appox. a dozen but if you are like me and fill it to the top then well I only managed 10.
2 cups all purpose flour
1tbs baking powder
1/2 white sugar (less/none for savoury)
1 cup milk (I ran out of milk at 3/4 so I added 1/4 water makes no diff to me)
1/4 cup veg oil (I used canola)
1 egg


whatever you want to put ( I added 1/4 bacon bits and the stub of cheese I had leftover in my fridge and some italian herbs, pepper and garlic salt.)
Preheat oven 400F
Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl, beat the egg separately add the milk and oil and mix.
Add the wet mix to the dry and combine with a spoon it'll be lumpy and thick but don't fret and over mix it!
spoon into muffin pans and bake for appox. 25mins mine we perfect at this time I checked at 20mins and rotated the pan. 

No comments:

Post a Comment