Monday, August 23, 2010

The First Post.

            Wow wee I haven't kept a blog in like forever! So here goes...to everyone that reads this I hope you find this entertaining yet informative and if it put a smile on your face or giggle a little - I have suceeded phew!
       
           Currently I have been knitting on and off for about 5years now, as a teen going through the awkward phase I was either mucking about in trees with my mates or trying to sew something...til one day I found a stash of my mum's old knitting stuff - most kids these days who write it off as daggy but right then it felt like a teasure strove for an aspiring fashion designer. Hence my journey began, starting off with the basic knit and purl scarves I slowly mastered the basics, yet it wasn't til a year ago I started seriously dabbling into the world of yarn - the different techniques, styles and variations of how the type of yarn can affect the end result. Not to mention the invigorating and awesome feeling every avid knitter experiences when someone asks where they got that rocking scarf or cute beanie and just knowing you made it and no one has the exact same one is just out of this world.
        
         Right now I'm working on The Springtime Bandit, I started it last night but seeing as it was my first time using charts it took me 4 hours of knitting and unravelling to complete the start up rows - needless to say the problem was "I wasn't seeing the bigger picture" or in other words I failed to notice anything other than the pattern rows or read the foot notes. Literally kicked myself when I realised how easy the chart was to read - rookie mistake! It's still a wee bit nippy here so I can't wait to finish my very first shawl, it's a really pretty lace pattern and worth checking out. Will be keeping you posted on my progress, if you have made this pattern feel free to post it and lets get this ball rolling!


The project so far, I have worked 1.5 body rows on 4mm circular needle with moda vera cashmerino.

           BTW if you haven't heard of Ravelry and absolutely love knitting and crochetting look it up asap not only does it have a huge online community of yarn lovers globally, it provides an endless resource to free and paid patterns, and heaps of pattern and yarn reviews. There are forums and groups to join, plus you can peep in to see what other working on and keep track of your supplies and project progress!

1 comment:

  1. Nessa, this blog is going to be a lot of fun!! I have really enjoyed seeing what you have already made, and knowing that you enjoy knitting so much, it's fun to watch the steps you do for each item that you make! You really know what your doing and do a wonderful job doing it! Like they say "practice makes perfect" and I believe you have conquered that!!

    ReplyDelete